Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

38 Weeks

Woah. How am I already 38 weeks??? Nuts. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow so I’ll update after that appointment. They’re going to do an ultrasound to measure her again. She will probably be well over 8 pounds by now. She feels like 20 lbs! It’s amazing what the female body will do isn’t it? It’s remarkable to me that such a big baby is just chilling in there.

We are officially ready for her to come; well, as ready as we can be for such a huge event!  The nursery is done, minus the space above the crib.  We’re going to put something with her name up there.  Since she is currently nameless, the wall will remain blank :) The car seat is in the car and ready to go, as are our overnight bags! The house is pretty clean and I’ve finished a bunch of the projects on my to-do list. I just need to vacuum and make the 2nd guest room bed and then I’m done with all of my chores! I really wanted to have the house is great running order before the baby and the guests arrive!  Thank goodness for nesting

40-small-pumpkin She was already bigger than a pumpkin last week…but maybe she’s just a larger pumpkin this week :)

 What’s Happening This Week: Your baby has really plumped up. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.

How far along? 38 weeks

Stretch marks? None…another small miracle

Sleep: I slept more than 6 hrs on Saturday and it was GLORIOUS. I haven’t really slept great this week, but better than last :)

Best moment this past week: Matt and I finally took the birthing class at the hospital and took the tour. Better late than never??? We were by far the most preggo couple there :) The class was really helpful, though. We had taken the full class online, this one was just a review of everything we learned. The only unfortunate part was the birthing video that I was totally unprepared for. Matt was a real trooper :)

Food cravings: Still on the cold fruit stuff…this week I bought some of those low fat Italian shaved ice cups. Delicious!

Labor signs: I don’t know…I feel like I’m looking for anything that might be a contraction, but I’m pretty sure I had a few yesterday (they were far apart and not that bad-but regular… I think I still have a way to go)

What I miss:  My level of discomfort has been frustrating this week. I’m ready to sit on the couch and actually relax a little

What I am looking forward to: Other than finally meeting the baby???? How about seeing her tomorrow in the ultrasound! That’s always a happy moment :)

Milestone: Only 2 more weeks until the due date

D4105020E85129CDE7371591FE56F93B

1 comments:

A.B. said...

AH! 14 days to go. That is CRAZY. I can't wait to see this little girl and know her name. I'm looking forward to the update tomorrow!