Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

31 Weeks


What's Happening This Week: This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

How far along? 31 weeks

Stretch marks? Not yet…
Sleep: I spoke too soon. This week I haven't slept at all, and let me just say it's taking its toll. I'm having a difficult time functioning. Prayers for that, please!
Best moment this past week: Ben and Holly hosted a super fun Israel reunion party.  It was great to finally meet everyone who was on the trip. (This was the trip I was supposed to go on, but couldn't because of the pregnancy.) It was great to meet the tour leader, too. I had heard so much about the great Jack Beck!
Food cravings: Cuties, those super tiny mandarins. I've been eating at least two a day!
What I miss: Being able to get dressed without having to sit down! haha It's so hard to put my pants on now. Pretty funny.
What I am looking forward to: My first baby shower!!!! YAY :) Some of the sweet ladies from church are throwing me a shower on Saturday. I'm pretty excited...I'll be sure to post pictures after the event.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't compare yourself to other parents, always do what's best for your family.  What great advice.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get some sense of how much she's weighing, or at least figure out how I'm measuring.  I'll be sure to update tomorrow after the appointment. Prayers for the continued health of this sweet baby!!!!

0 comments: