Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

29 Weeks

image
What’s Happening This Week: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk.  This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
How far along? 29 weeks
Stretch marks? Not yet…
Sleep: The doctor told me to take a Tylenol PM to help with my back pain at night…and oh my goodness! I SLEPT! I mean, it wasn’t sleep like I used to get, but I actually feel a little rested. What a relief!  :)
Best moment this past week: Spending time with Holly over the weekend. It was so nice to have some girl time. We both missed our husbands (both are pastors and both were at a retreat), but it was nice to get our nails done and relax! :)
Movement: I feel like she’s been moving for the past two days straight! She’s such a wiggle worm. You can see her rocking my belly back and forth. It’s pretty darn funny.
Food cravings: Fruit and TCBY (a constant craving…why don’t they sell this in the grocery store????)
Labor Signs: My Braxton Hicks contractions have officially started.  Not that this is a sign of labor, but it’s a sign that my body is practicing for labor! Pretty cool.
What I miss: Normal clothes! I went to J.Crew with Holly this weekend and I am so in love with everything there.  J.Crew, create a maternity line already!
What I am looking forward to: Actually getting the crib set up with the bedding! I need a mattress first, but I can at least tie the bumper on to see! :) Also, who knew that crib mattresses were so expensive???
Weekly Wisdom: Take pictures of yourself pregnant! I clearly listened :) My mom is always saying she wishes she had more photos of herself pregnant. I’m trying to take her advice seriously.
Milestone: Braxton Hicks contractions

2 comments:

The Pences said...

Oh, good idea about the tylenol PM -- so glad it helped! The maternity pics are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the bedding and stuff. Register for the crib mattress if you haven't already. Seriously. You never know.

Margaret said...

Thanks Jessica!!! You are my wise mommy friend :) Also, I'm wearing one of your loaner maternity tops today. Where would I be without you? :)