Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

30 weeks!

image
What’s Happening This Week:  Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
How far along? 30 weeks!!!
Stretch marks? Not yet…
Sleep: A little better! My sweet husband moved the guest room mattress to our room and it’s working so much better!  Sleep is still minimal, but at least I’m getting a little. By the way, pregnancy dreams are so weird! I’m just saying :)
Best moment this past week: I had an urge to redo the living room, and Matt did it for me-yes, all by himself! He moved a couch to another room for me.  That’s love :)
Movement: All the time…she’s ready to bust out :)
Food cravings: Smoothies! yummmmmm
Labor Signs: just Braxton Hicks
What I miss: My fancy high heels :( It’s not that my feet are all that swollen (yet), but I’m pretty sure I would topple over since my balance is so thrown off by this giant bump! Can’t wait to put them on again (even if it’s just to do the dishes!)
What I am looking forward to: The closer I get the more excited I am to know what she’s going to be like.  I’ve been thinking about who she’s going to look like, what her personality is going to be, wondering if she’ll have red hair…I can’t wait to meet her :)
Weekly Wisdom: Matt teaches a young mom’s bible study and they’ve been giving him cards with tips and advice written on them.  I’ll use this space to share what they’re passing on :) Here’s one from this past week:
“Your kids will always love to see their parents in love. So get dressed up for date night and let your children see you kissing in the kitchen.  Always be madly in love with each other.”
Milestone: Only 10 more weeks until my due date! How CRAZY is that???

1 comments:

A.B. said...

Yay! I'm glad your cabbage looks more baby shaped than the zucchini :)