Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Last week of 2nd Trimester



What's Happening This Week:  This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

So I'm going to start trying to do a mini "survey" each week as I move into my 3rd trimester...just so I can remember how I was feeling :) Here's my 1st crack at it!

How far along? 27 weeks
Stretch marks? Not yet...PLEASE stay this way!
Sleep: No bueno. I guess this is just God's way of preparing me for many sleepless nights :) I keep thinking I'll get used to the giant tummy and new aches and pains...hopefully???
Best moment this past week: She has started to move like CRAZY during Matt's sermons. I love that...Of course, my mom said we'll see how much I love it when she's sitting in my lap and doing that :)
Movement: All the time and all over! It's amazing to actually see how much stronger she's getting! It's a very STRANGE feeling, but I love it.
Food cravings: Strawberries and mac-n-cheese (not together!)
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Sigh...almost an outie. Outies freak me out.
What I miss: Diet Coke...what I wouldn't give to be able to drink a giant one EVERY DAY!
What I am looking forward to: My mom comes in town TODAY! We're going to start putting the nursery together!!!!! We're also going to shop until we drop at KUMC's Baby Daze. Get excited :)
Weekly Wisdom: Take time for your spouse, because things are about to get crazy :) I've heard this over and over...I should really listen!
Milestone: Do back pains count? ;)

3 comments:

The Pences said...

Sad you're not sleeping well. With Natalie, I actually slept better with a newborn than in the last part of my pregnancy. This too shall pass!
I'm pretty sure the outies always go away; mine did. :)
Can't wait to see pics of the nursery progress -- so fun to nest!
See you at Baby Daze!

A.B. said...

mmmm I'm having mac n cheese tonight! It's one of those things that CONSISTENTLY sounds tasty!

McKenna Grace said...

Love the survey idea; and I hope that you start getting some decent sleep soon. By the way, it is about the coolest thing to hear how she moves during Matt's sermons. You love your husband :)