Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

24 Weeks




I guess I've reached the point of the slower weekly change...the size of fruit inside of me hasn't changed! I can feel a difference in the power of her kicks, though! They seem to get stronger every week.  It's amazing, but also the weirdest feeling ever.  Matt and I took a video of her moving around in my belly...you can see her kick and squirm.  It's moments like that when I stop and think OH MY GOSH. THERE IS A REAL, LIVE  HUMAN INSIDE OF ME. WHAT????

Life has been a bit stressful lately-just a lot of things going on-maybe that is a prerequisite of any new year. I'm trying my best to relax and not sweat the small stuff.  My prayer group and my sweet mom have been God-sends in helping me keep things in perspective.  In other news, I finally picked the nursery bedding, which is very exciting to me!  It's from Serena & Lily (they have AMAZING grown-up furnishings, too! Check them out at http://www.serenaandlily.com/)




How the baby's growing: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Serene and Lily is where my sweet roommate worked the year she lived in San Francisco. LOVE their stuff! So glad to hear the baby is growing well and you are happy. Miss you heaps!!!

Deb said...

LOVE the bedding you picked! It's cute and matches your blog perfectly! :)