Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

tummy time & teething update

It has been a struggle to get Charlotte to participate (with a joyful spirit) in tummy time... I think her belly makes it uncomfortable for her :) hehe-love that belly.  However, in the last week or so she's started to enjoy it more because she's realized she can move around a bit. She's started popping up onto her knees.  Should I be worried? Here's a video of her hard at work!


Click Here to View the Video!

In other news, teething is moving ahead FULL FORCE. The last 3 nights she has woken up around once an hour. This is all new to me and Matt. She started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks.  I feel like I've just now been inducted into the sleeplessness of parenthood.  She went to the doctor this week to get her 4 month shots (she couldn't get them at her 4 month check-up because she had a fever from the teething).  While we were there I had the nurse check on her gums.  She opened her mouth and said, "OH MY GOSH!!" Just what a mother wants to hear. She said her gums were incredibly swollen and it looked like around 4 teeth were trying to push through at once. My poor girl!!!! I'm amazed at her sweet personality and how she's been able to smile at me through all of this pain. What a trooper. For now, I'm just going to keep up with the Hylands Teething Tablets, Sophie the Giraffe, and (of course!) lots of snuggles.


I'll leave you with one of my favorite Charlotte faces :) I get this a lot.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video is WONDERFUL but I REALLY love the picture!!!

Grandma

A.B. said...

This face is to die for!