Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Katie's Baby Shower

Today's blog update is non-Charlotte related- so sorry to my family members who will receive the automatic update e-mail! Feel free to stop reading here! :)

This morning I hosted a baby shower for my sweet friend, Katie Sample. Katie is the graphic artist for our church. We became good friends last year through working together on the church's communication plan.  She's expecting a little boy, Grant Douglas, the 16th of October (which just happens to be her birthday as well!)

I ordered super cute invites from tinyprints.com  In retrospect, I should have taken a picture of one before I mailed them out. This picture from the website will have to do :)



For the decorations I stuck with the blues and greens of the invitation.  Seeing as I'm a little busy these days, I kept the decorations simple. I made a few paper pom-poms, tied ribbon on my hurricanes and filled them with green apples, made water bottle labels (ribbon and scrapbooking stickers) and bought hydrangeas (my personal favorite!) as a centerpiece for the coffee/punch table.  It was a morning shower so we had all kinds of yummy breakfast foods: breakfast casserole, mini croissants, bagels w/ strawberry cream cheese, fruit and monkey bread.  

We didn't play any shower games per the request of Katie (I happily obliged).  Instead, we had a bowl for the ladies to place their words of wisdom for Katie. I hope they are meaningful for her and bring her peace in the days/weeks/months/years to come!

I had so much fun planning my first baby shower as hostess! Now I'm ready for my college friends to start having children ;)

Click here to see the pictures from the shower! Please excuse the excessive photos of the details, those were for my mother :)

0 comments: