Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

33 Weeks

33-pineapple

What's Happening This Week: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

How far along? 33 weeks

Stretch marks? Not yet…

Sleep: I give up!

Best moment this past week: The nursery got painted! The color is "Springtime" by Sherwin-Williams. It makes me super happy. Matt also put the crib together and moved some of our furniture into the room (glider and two dressers) He loves me!

Food cravings: Nothing really...I’m just hungry all the time. It’s hard trying to manage eating healthy and knowing when I actually need to eat more.

What I miss: Feeling like myself

What I am looking forward to: Working on the nursery this weekend

Weekly Wisdom: "I went 3 days without a shower the first week my baby came home and I live in PJs for the first month. Totally normal :)"  Um, I kind of do this now...

So I mentioned that we finally started the nursery...I am so excited. It's the little things :) One of the sweet women from my young moms group gave me the most adorable rug yesterday! I feel so blessed by her generosity.  It works perfectly with the nursery, too!  Here are some of the promised photos. Please ignore all of the accessories, as they are not in their proper places and some things are changing (like the green lampshade!) But at least you can see the wall color and some of our furniture! The changing table is supposed to arrive tomorrow...get excited! I'll try to post some pictures of our progress this weekend.

circle rug

IMG_4648

IMG_4654

IMG_4653

owl

I have a doctor's appointment later this morning. At our last appointment our doctor said she's between 4.5 and 5 lbs. Good gracious! I wish I knew if I was going to get an ultrasound anytime soon. We haven't had one since 20 weeks...that was 13 weeks ago! I want to see her :)

D4105020E85129CDE7371591FE56F93B

2 comments:

The Pences said...

sooooooo pretty -- love it! I LOOOOVVVEEE the color -- it is so cheerful! I didn't have any other ultrasounds after 20 weeks. I think all docs are different, but it's possible you won't get to see her until she's born. That's way better than an ultrasound anyway. :)

McKenna Grace said...

Ok, that dresser is the most amazing piece of furniture EVER. And also, that crib your handy husband put together! So, so happy for you, Mags! I miss you.

mck