Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

32 Weeks

I've been so busy with my mom that I forgot to post yesterday! For shame! :)

We're starting to make some real progress with the nursery...YAY!!!!! Something VERY exciting happened yesterday. We were at Pottery Barn Kids and they had a floor sample of an AWESOME rocker/swivel chair that was for sale. There were a few stains on the slipcover, but I felt confident we could get them out, and sure enough-WE DID! The chair itself is in GREAT condition, and I knew I wouldn't find anything this nice for any less money. We got a $1300 chair for 1/3 of the cost. Amazing. I'll post pictures of it SOON. I know I'm super behind on posting pictures...I'll post from the shower very soon, promise :)

My mom and I also found the cutest owl light switch covers from Anthropologie, along with a fantastic door knob for the closest door. It's beyond fabulous. When I started putting together the nursery I created a story board to track my progress and to insure that everything was cohesive. I keep meaning to post it, it's FAR from complete...I need to update it with pictures of the 2 dressers (both painted furniture from my parents' old beach house), the mirror and various accessories, but this will give you an idea of where it's headed! One thing I can't wait to add a photo of is the chandelier! Mom and I found a FAB chandelier for $5, we just need to paint it. I can't wait...it makes me happy :)

Main Colors: pale pink, spring green, and pale blue
Themes: woodland creatures! birds, bunnies, owls, etc :)

Click Picture to Enlarge

32 Weeks Update
What's Happening This Week: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

I don't know what in the world a jicama is, but I can tell you I feel huge.

How far along? 32 weeks
Stretch marks? Not yet…
Sleep: None...sigh.
Best moment this past week: It was a GREAT week. Not only did my mom and grandmother come in town, but I also had two fabulous baby showers! One was thrown by my prayer group and it was SO fun! The other was thrown by some of the women from church. I am still overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. This child is already loved by so many, and that's the real gift!
Food cravings: The SUPER yummy pimento cheese that Debbie Welch made for me...Love her and her pimento cheese!
What I miss: Being able to lift things! I love to get things done on my own and have a difficult time asking for help!
What I am looking forward to: Seeing my girlfriends this weekend!
Weekly Wisdom: "Don't let your wife try on her pre-pregnancy clothes for at least 6 months" ...great advice given to Matt at Young Mom's. I do miss my old wardrobe though

0 comments: